Friday, August 1, 2014

Pushing Pause

Friends,

I hope your Summer has been wonderful. Ours has been extremely eventful and life-changing. I was blessed to spend two weeks at Bethel Church for WorshipU and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. I am forever changed by all that happened there and hope to share some of it in bits and pieces along the way.

But first, I want to make you aware that I will be disappearing for a while. Going in to WorshipU and in the weeks following, I have come to the conclusion that life is really loud. There is so much distraction and so much noise. I had some really frustrating writer's block in the month or so leading up to WorshipU and so much of that was due to being really busy and losing touch with my heart. As I was immersed in the presence of God in those two weeks, the songs and ideas began to return at a steady pace.  Now that I am home, I am starting to see some patterns emerging again that are cutting off my creativity and just making me feel distracted. All that great togetherness we had as a family while on our trip has been chipping away as we've returned to our respective screens and devices. 

In order to combat this, I have prayerfully decided to go way under the radar for the next while. I have a time frame in mind, but it may change. No social media. Extreme modification of schedule. In other words, you may not see me, both on Facebook/Twitter, etc. and in person, for several weeks :) Don't be alarmed. I am not turning into a hermit up here in the forest. I just need to carve out some time to process and rest...to silence the inner critic within and to open my heart wide to Jesus. He, after all, was an expert of getting away to spend time with His Father.

And early in the morning, while it was still dark, He arose and went out and departed to a lonely place, and was praying there. ( Mark 1:35)
And immediately He made His disciples get into the boat and go ahead of Him to the other side to Bethsaida, while He Himself was sending the multitude away. And after bidding them farewell, he departed to the mountain to pray. (Mark 6:45-46)
And when day came, He departed to a lonely place; and the multitudes were searching for Him, and came to Him, and tried to keep Him from going away from them. ( Luke 4:42)
But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray. ( Luke 5:16)
And it was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. ( Luke 6:12)
I'm looking forward to this time of worship and seeking God. A time of re-calibration. I am fully volunteering for greater intimacy with God- to be seen and known. In this culture of Facebook and texting and not seeing people eye to eye, I want to be intentional about being in the presence of God, seeing Him, hearing Him, and letting Him change my perspective and show me what's ahead. 
So, I will see you when I see you. Until then, I pray that you too might enter into a deeper place of seeking God. When He humbles us and shows us our need for more of Him, the best thing we can do is obey!


No comments:

Post a Comment