Friday, February 11, 2011

Music Factory

It's a regular songwriting bonanza around here this week! And I'm not the only one in the house- I shared this on Facebook, so if it's redundant information for you, please skip to the next paragraph. Cohen was sitting on my bed early this morning and said, "Mommy, do you see this song about a train in my ear?" And of course I looked in his ear and pretended to see it. He's going to be so confused about what music is when he gets older as a result, but that's ok. It was super cute. I love that he loves music so much and that he's always got a song in his mind (or in his ear as the case may be).

So here's song 2 for the week. It's tough to give the full context and explain musical stylings and melodies with language. Until I get savvy enough to record the songs and post them on here, you're just getting lyric content. But I can tell you that the music is upbeat, driving, lots of good drum ideas (Shawn will love when I say, "You know like, budda, budda, boom, boom, boom, duh-duh-duh") But I  can hear it all in my head and it all just came zipping right out onto the page and I'm just really pumped that the songs are flowin' again.

This song is sort of a reflection/summary of Isaiah 55. You should read it because it's a great passage.

Verse:

We are thirsty
We are nothing without You and Your faithfulness
We are seeking
We are finding
_____(mad libs worship lyrics-something will be here, I just don't know what yet)___


Chorus:
Who is like You God?
There is no other
Who can know Your mind?
Your ways are higher
But still we draw near
And you see our hearts
Your Word marks our way;
The truth that endures---forever (or Your truth will endure---forever)

Bridge:
(No idea yet-it's always the bridge that stumps me)

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. So cool. I'm loving those lyrics, Carrie. They echo what I want to say to the Lord. I just read Isaiah 55. Thanks for leading me to it. Especially verses 11-13. Verse 11: "So shall My word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish what I please. And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." That word void....my Bible (NKJV) says that the word 'empty', or 'without fruit' could be used their, too. That really hit me.

    Wonderful blog and fantastic lyrics, Carrie. Can't wait to hear this song in worship! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to our song writting evening!!

    ReplyDelete