Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Song

I am so incredibly excited today. In past years (before having kids) I devoted a lot of time to songwriting. I just had to put it on the backburner for a while, and I think in doing so, I sort of lost my abilities in that area. I've been really praying about what God wants people to sing to Him right now and I believe He has answered. I sat down at the piano today and these words just flowed out onto the paper (and a few tears in the process also dropped onto the paper!) It's not done yet, but I'm really excited about where it's heading. If you have any thoughts, please feel free to share. I also need a bridge, so anyone with any songwriting ability, if you want to contribute any ideas for what that could look like, have at it.

Verse
You held me, You knew me
Before I began to breathe
You called me, You loved me
Before I began to see
Your love for me
Your unfailing love for me

Chorus
Jesus you have been
And always will be
My everything
In my life I've seen
Again and again
Your plan for me

Verse 2
You hold me, You hear me
Whenever I call Your name
You heal me, You mend me
My life is forever changed
By Your love for me
Your unfailing love for me

Bridge
So I give all that I am to You
I give all that I am to You


It's really simple, but I think sometimes we try to say too much. I'm so thankful for these words and for the beautiful, pensive melody that goes with it.  Really excited to see how it's all going to come together!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE simple! I find that when it has less words...I sing it often. That's the kind of song that sticks in the back of your head and you sing it while you are folding laundry or driving or ALL the time(=. Love that you are doing this!(= So cool!

    ReplyDelete