Friday, April 8, 2011

Worship Matters: Part 1

I have been reading THE best book about Worship Leading that I've ever encountered, called Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin. My next few blog posts will be sharing what I have learned from his book. Some of it is direct quotation, some of it is my summary or what applied to me in particular. I hope that everyone, worship leader or not, can gain some valuable insight from what I share.  Even if you are not a musical worship leader, you are still leading worship on a daily basis in every single action, every single thought, every single emotion that you display. People are watching. We all need to realize that every believer is a "worship leader" to everyone within their sphere of influence. I love the quote- "Lead worship at all times; when necessary, use music." So in all that we do and with all that we are, let's lead worship today and let's start thinking about what makes a good worship leader.


Why Worship Matters- Chapter 1 Insights

Worship matters to God because He is the one ultimately worthy of all worship. It matters to us because worshiping God is the reason for which we were created. And it matters to every worship leader, because we have no greater privilege than leading others to encounter the greatness of God. That's why it's important to think carefully about what we do and why we do it. And if you don't feel adequate for the task, you're in the perfect place for God to use you.

No comments:

Post a Comment