Monday, May 9, 2011

The 4 Minute Post

Ok, so I am making a new rule starting tonight that I have to be in bed at 10:45 or earlier. Jarrod and I have been staying up until midnight and beyond the last several nights and the fun just has to stop. I'm exhausted! These kids of mine will stop for no one, least of all their sleepy mother. So, I have to be brief. But what I have to say is gigantic. 


It's directly from the Word. Isaiah says it so well. In fact, he says it so well that I feel like I don't need to say much at all about it- just read it, drink it in, breathe in this inspired word and follow through with a repentant heart if, after reading this Word, you search your heart and find any idols on the throne that is rightfully God's. God will not share the throne of Your heart- He will not be second best or take second place. He wants your heart- all of it- broken and filthy as it is, and wants to make it new and beautiful in His own time and in His own way. 


What else can you do but rejoice with a song after hearing such good news? That's what is commanded in the second part of the passage below- sing to Him a new song. Even if you think you can't sing, craft some words from deep in your heart- pour out your own words of praise to God. 



“I am the LORD; that is My name!
   I will not yield My glory to another
   or My praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
   and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
   I announce them to you.”

Song of Praise to the LORD
Sing to the LORD a new song,
   His praise from the ends of the earth,
you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,
   you islands, and all who live in them.
Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices;
   let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
   let them shout from the mountaintops.
Let them give glory to the LORD
   and proclaim His praise in the islands.
The LORD will march out like a champion,
   like a warrior He will stir up his zeal;
with a shout He will raise the battle cry
   and will triumph over His enemies.



Isaiah 42:8-13

No comments:

Post a Comment